Thursday, November 21, 2013

Cool Girl

My sweet little baby said today, "I wonder what I will be for next Halloween."  After a little discussion, she decided she will be a "Cool Girl."  I asked what all that included.  As usual, my sweet girl knew exactly what this would entail... all her coolest clothes and shoes... "and a cape of course."  I asked if Cool Girl was a super hero like "Water Girl" (a self made super hero of her past).  "No Mom, that would be silly.  Cool girls are not silly."  I love her. 

A few minutes later, we were talking about how Kit, the Knight Rider car, is now on display at the Volo Auto Museum and how it might be fun to go see it.  Of course, I had to explain to my children the premise of Knight Rider and why Kit was the coolest car in the world.  I also was telling them about Kit's mechanic, who was a girl, was my favorite.  I had said that she was really pretty and smart and could fix things, and that I wanted to be just like her.  Without skipping a beat, my little girl says, "Mommy, I don't want you to change. I like you just the way you are."    Um, thanks? 

No comments: