This is a yummy, easy crockpot comfort meal I found on The Country Cook via Pinterest.
- 1 (32 oz.) bag frozen tater tots
- 4-6 strips of bacon (original recipe calls for bacon bits, but I just cook up a pound of bacon at a time, freeze it and pull out a few strips as needed)
- 1-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced, raw (again, original recipe is only 1lb, but I like our meals to be protein heavy, so I use ~2lbs and the tator/chix ratio is still good)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- salt & pepper, to taste
- spray the crockpot with cooking spray (to make your life easier later with cleanup)
- dump about 1/3 of the tators on the bottom - about enough to cover with one layer.
- cover those with 1/3 of the cheese and 1/3 of the bacon and all the chicken
- add two more layers of tator tots, cheese, bacon (honestly, I don't always layer this, I just dump the rest of the tators on, the rest of the cheese and the rest of the bacon)
- poor in milk
- cook for 4-6 hours on low with the lid on.
Prep is done. Cleanup is done (which consisted of throwing a few bags away). Now, go to work, take the kids to soccer, swimming, dance, scouts, dentist, etc and come home to a warm dinner.
Tonight, microwave some green vegetables, serve with a tall glass of water and you're all set!



No comments:
Post a Comment